Description via www.everymothercounts.org
As you travelled with us to Uganda last week, some of you asked, “How can we help?” Wouldn’t you know it, as soon as you asked, the answer popped into our inbox. We’ve been invited to join the Mozilla Firefox challenge!November 28, 2012
Mozilla Firefox is giving away $50,000 to the fundraiser that raises the most money, $30,000 to the one that wins the second most, and $20,000 to the one that receives the third most. You know we love a good challenge and with your help Every Mother Counts could win this challenge for moms! We’re putting our money where our mouth is too: Every Mother Counts will match the first $10,000 raised. In addition, four lucky contributors will win one of the following prizes:
◦ A signed Starbucks EMC CD
◦ A signed “No Woman No Cry” DVD
◦ Oiselle EMC t-shirt
◦ ErgoBaby EMC bag
Now, I know we ask for a lot from you guys and you’ve always stepped up and been champions. Why should you donate to this project?
- Because we’re your favorite charity
- Because it’s an early gift-giving opportunity and a way of getting a jumpstart on Giving Tuesday - next week’s big international response to Black Friday and Cyber Monday that promotes giving gifts of support to non-profit organizations in lieu of things like holiday sweaters and snowglobes.
- Because it’s a bargain. For $22, your donation can purchase a “Mama kit” for a mother in Uganda. When mothers arrive at a birth center in labor ready to have their babies, this kit guarantees that the supplies needed to ensure a safe delivery are there. A Mama kit includes basic essential supplies women need to deliver safely. As an extra bonus, a Mama Kit comes with a baby kit that includes a clean blanket to wrap baby in. Here’s what a mama kit includes:
- -Cotton and gauze
- -Plastic sheet (for labor)
- -Disposable gloves
- -Surgical gloves
- -Surgical blade
- -Cord ligatures
- -Tetracycline eye ointment
- -Baby blanket and sheets
- -Child health card
- -Polythene bag to hold medical records
- Because this challenge goes through January 10th, just in case there's anyone you still need to give a gift to after the holidays
- Because you’re as committed as we are to using every opportunity possible to make Every Mother Count and make it safe for mothers around the world to give life.