Join the PTSD After Childbirth Yahoo Group
Powered by health.groups.yahoo.com

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Birth Rape and Ignored Refusal?

Birth Rape and Ignored Refusal? | Being Pregnant

 

Before I start writing this post out, I want to take a moment to warn my readers about a story that contains graphic birth trauma. This could be a trigger for those of you who have had trauma, or bad experiences. I encourage you to read with caution.

Yesterday afternoon I caught a tweet about Birth Rape from one of the women I follow on twitter. Emily had a c-section a little over a year ago, and as time went on was not happy with her experience. While her blog is mainly about her son who is super cute, she posts some birth stuff, like the birth rape post.

We have all seen some serious doozies when it comes to birth stories on websites like Baby Center, or The Bump, but after reading this one myself, I literally cried for the mother, and wondered to myself, how is this happening in the United States? ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment