Join the PTSD After Childbirth Yahoo Group
Powered by health.groups.yahoo.com

Sunday, July 10, 2011

I lost six pints of blood after giving birth - now I hope more Scots give blood, says Katy Whitelaw

I lost six pints of blood after giving birth - now I hope more Scots give blood, says Katy Whitelaw





But as the couple enjoyed their first minutes as a family, Katy began to feel
cold and shaky. Barry told medical staff he was worried about the amount of
blood she was losing as Katy's lips went blue and she lapsed into
semi-consciousness.
Katy said: "Then I had a seizure and they had to get
the
crash team in. Up until that point, I was thinking I was over the
worst."
Later, surgeons explained they'd removed a large clot from Katy's
uterus and blood transfusions had saved her life.
She was later diagnosed
with post-traumatic stress syndrome and the family decided to move home to
Scotland last Christmas.
Today, with the help of counselling, Katy has
put
the trauma behind her and remarkably has not ruled out having another
baby.
She said: "If you'd asked me in the few months after Corrie was
born,
I'd have told you even the thought of having another baby terrified
me...


Read more: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/real-life/2011/07/01/i-lost-six-pints-of-blood-after-giving-birth-now-i-hope-more-scots-give-blood-says-katy-whitelaw-86908-23239985/

1 comment:

  1. I've been barren for so many years living without a child of mine. When I came in contact with Doctor Aluda and reach out to him, I actually make use of his herbal medicine. and it's indeed effective and powerful... I conceived few weeks after taking his natural herbs for 17 days as prescribed by him... And now I'm 3 weeks pregnant....so happy, reach him on whatsapp +2348145636867 or Email him on draludaharbalhome @gmail. com

    ReplyDelete